Help a novice with EEGlab2fieldtrip()

Fri Mar 17 10:26:59 CET 2006

Dear Shakin

The eeglab2fieldtrip function should be used if you have already done
the preprocessing in EEGLAB. If you use eeglab2fieldtrip, you do not
have to use preprocessing. The EEG structure from EEGLAB contains all
data, whereas in Fieldtrip we work with one data object at a time
(i.e. raw data is a data object which normally would result from the
preprocessing function).

I.e. you can do
   data = eeglab2fieldtrip(EEG, 'preprocessing')
and get the preprocessed raw data, or
   timelock = eeglab2fieldtrip(EEG, 'timelockanalysis')
to get the averaged ERP, or
   comp = eeglab2fieldtrip(EEG, 'componentanalysis')
to get the component topographies and activations.

best regards,
Robert

Robert Oostenveld, PhD
F.C. Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging
Radboud University Nijmegen
phone: +31-24-3619695
http://www.ru.nl/fcdonders/