plotting

Mon Mar 13 20:51:11 CET 2006

Hi Punita

There is no 3D plotting function, i.e. one that would assume that the
head is a surface in 3D space, and which would require to rotate the
head to get a full view of the sides. But there are plotting
functions for scalp topographies which assume that you have projected
the electrode locations on a 2D plane (i.e. a top view). They use
layout files (see for an example the *.lay files, they are plain
ascii). Alternatively, you can use the topoplot() function, which
either uses a layout file or which also allows you to specify the x,y
positions and the potential values at each site.

best
Robert

PS if you do want to plot your x/y/z/v data in 3D and be able to
rotate, you can use the undocumented and unsupported private/triplot
function. You should then copy it from the private folder into
fieldtip main. You then would do