average intertrial phase coherence

Mon Mar 27 13:25:12 CEST 2006

Dear Udo,

That is not implemented yet, but it is easy to compute yourself.

You should do freqanalysis with method=mtmfft (for 1) or
method=mtmconvol (for 2) and output=fourier, which also implies
keeptaper=yes and keeptrial=yes. That results in the complex fourier
representation of the data (in one large "ntrial X nchan X nfreq X
ntime" array) , from which you can compute the ITC. I recommend not
to use multitapering (=frequency smoothing) for the ITC, so in
freqanalysis you should also specify taper=hanning (or another single
taper of your choise). Even with taper=hanning, you are required to
specify something as taper-smoothing-frequency (i.e. cfg.tapsmofrq),
but that is neglected (the field needs to be present, but is not used).

Best regards,
Robert