query on CTF software!!!

Fri Jun 23 15:23:22 CEST 2006

dear Muthuraman

On 23 Jun 2006, at 12:54, Muthuraman Muthuraman wrote:
> For the Beamformer source analysis, do we need the CTF software
> because when i am trying out the tutorial in beamforming

You do not need the ctf software to follow the tutorial. The tutorial
is based however on a ctf MEG dataset.

> CTF_READ_RES4 [v  1.12]
> ....done (  0.67 sec)
>
> i get the error
>
> ??? Error using ==> read_fcdc_header
> could not read CTF res4 header file
>
> Error in ==> preprocessing at 263
> hdr = read_fcdc_header(cfg.headerfile);

Based on your error I suspect that matlab/fieldtrip cannot find the
dataset that you are trying to analyze, or that you matlab path is
incorrect. The function "CTF_READ_RES4" is not supposed to be called
(it is part of the NIH ctf import routines, e.g. used in EEGLAB),
since the default private/read_ctf_res4.m function can deal with the
tutorial dataset just fine. Please look into the code of
read_fcdc_header (using the matlab debugger) to figure out what your
exact problem is.

best
Robert