query on coherence analysis

Muthuraman Muthuraman muthuraman10 at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 20 10:40:17 CEST 2006

Hello Jan

The answers for the questions you have asked
and also i have attached some figures with this mail
1-using welch periodogram method
2-using fieldtrip 'mtmfft'
3-using fieldtrip 'mtmwelch'

Did you have a look into fd.powspctrm, and fd.cohspctrm?
-yes,both look the same so something is surely going wrong

Does it contain normal numbers, zeros, or nan?
-yes, it has normal numbers but the vlaues are from 1.0 to 10.0 not as
normal in the case of 0.1 to 1 in coherence spectrum

Did you try out other methods, to be specified in cfg.method?
-yes using 'mtmfft' i have attached the figure in the mail in which i dont
get the correct frequency content and the values are less

-In the 'mtmwelch' method i get a error when i am plotting, even then i am
able to see the figure
??? Error using ==> char
Cell elements must be character arrays.

Error in ==> singleplotER at 326
  t=[char(cfg.channelname) ' / ' num2str(cfg.channelindex) ];

-In the 'mtmconvol' i am not able to plot i get a error
selected 60 channels for coherence
??? Error using ==> plot
Vectors must be the same lengths.

Error in ==> singleplotER at 272
  plot(varargin{k-1}.(cfg.xparam), P, style);

please go through it and give your comments

and one more question for the source analysis
what are the values we need,when i open the elec1010 there are four values
x,y,z values and what is the fourth value

with regards
muthu