import bva time-freq data

Stephan Bickel stephan.bickel at ANATOM.UNIZH.CH
Tue Jul 25 17:39:32 CEST 2006

Hi,

I try to import brainvision analyzer dat files of wavelet time-frequency
decompositions into fieldtrip. I exported an average file, so it consists
only of a single segment. However I have some problems with it I am not sure
if it is because I define the segment wrong or if it is not possible to import
this data into fieldtrip.
I pasted the code and the error message below and attached the marker- and
header file.

I would be really glad for any suggestions.

Thank you very much,

Stephan

This is what I tried:

cfg = [];
cfg.headerfile =...
'c:\HumanEEG_data\Vision_Exports\WT_all_ft_test.vhdr';
cfg.datafile   =...
'c:\HumanEEG_data\Vision_Exports\WT_all_ft_test.dat';
cfg.channel = 'all';

%Trialdefinition
cfg.trialdef.trgfile  =...
'c:\HumanEEG_data\Vision_Exports\WT_all_ft_test.vmrk';
cfg.trialdef.stim  = 'New Segment';
%cfg.trialdef.segment  = 'yes';
cfg.trialdef.timezero = 'yes';
% cfg.trialdef.eventtype  = 'Time 0';
cfg.trialdef.prestim    = 0.500;
cfg.trialdef.poststim   = 1.600;

[cfg] = definetrial(cfg)
[raw] = preprocessing(cfg)

and this is the error message:

evaluating trialfunction 'trialfun_brainvision'
0 stimulus markers converted into 0 trials
0 response markers converted into 0 trials
1 segment markers converted into 0 trials
1 "Time 0" markers converted into 1 trials
found 0 events
created 1 trials

cfg =

    headerfile: [1x88 char]
      datafile: [1x87 char]
       channel: 'all'
      trialdef: [1x1 struct]
       dataset: []
      trialfun: 'trialfun_brainvision'
         event: []
           trl: [1 1051 -250]
       version: [1x1 struct]

retaining exist trial definition
retaining exist event information
found 0 events
created 1 trials
rejected    0 trials completely
rejected    0 trials partially
resulting   1 trials
reading and preprocessing
reading and preprocessing trial 1 from 1
??? Subscripted assignment dimension mismatch.

Error in ==> fieldtrip-20060330\private\read_brainvision_eeg at 65
    dat(line,:) = str2num(str);

Error in ==> read_fcdc_data at 419
  dat = read_brainvision_eeg(datafile, hdr, begsample, endsample);

Error in ==> preprocessing at 322
  dat = read_fcdc_data(cfg.datafile, hdr, begsample, endsample, rawindx,
iscontinuous);