DICS

Jan Mathijs Schoffelen Jan.Schoffelen at FCDONDERS.RU.NL
Tue Jul 25 12:32:38 CEST 2006

Dear Muthuraman,

One little addition to the freq.cumtapcnt-story.
freq.cumtapcnt should be a vector instead of a scalar:
the correct way to specify it would be: freq.cumtapcnt = ones(ntrl,1)
with ntrl the number of trials in your data.

Yours,

Jan-Mathijs

-----Original Message-----
From: FieldTrip discussion list [mailto:FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL] On Behalf
Of Robert Oostenveld
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 12:19 PM
To: FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: Re: [FIELDTRIP] DICS

Hi Muthuraman

The cumulative number of tapers per trial is indeed not kept in
mtmwelch. You should specify it manually prior to freqanalysis. I do
not recall whether you use keeptrials and keeptapers but if not, then
it is safe to specify freq.cumtapcnt=1.

Keeping count of the number of trials and tapers in the various
freqanalysis methods is not done consistenly, it is something that we
will improve in the future.

best regards,
Robert