new website+wiki

Tom Holroyd tomh at KURAGE.NIMH.NIH.GOV
Fri Feb 24 13:46:16 CET 2006

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Robert Oostenveld wrote:

> PS At the moment we did not implement accounts and passwords, so anyone can
> contribute. If it turns out that the website becomes too messy, we will make
> the edit function restricted to people with an account.

Robert,

I would recommend a default account/password that everybody
knows.  That'll limit attacks from spammers.  A common attack is
just to create huge lists of links (often in the sidebar) to be
indexed by search engines.

The NIMH MEG Core website is also a wiki.  We've enjoyed it; it's
very easy to modify (if you know the magic word, which is
shrimp).  There's also an RSS feed of the "changed pages page" so
it's easy to keep track of when modifications are made.

Wikipedea doesn't need passwords as much because they have high
vigilance on the main pages...  Did you see the article on
Magnetoencephalography?  It has grown a lot (I've contributed, as
have several others).

Dr. Tom Holroyd
The 9th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution:
"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be
construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."