read in EEProbe cnts

Christian Hesse c.hesse at FCDONDERS.RU.NL
Thu Aug 10 09:53:59 CEST 2006

Hi Dorothea,

If you intend to use Fieldtrip for subsequent analysis of your data
then if may be a good idea to use the (slightly) higher level reading
functions, e.g. read(_fcdc)_data and read(_fccd)_header, since these
will return the appropriate data structures. Even if you just want to
read the data into an array and do your own stuff, then using the
read_data function is a good idea, as it provides a very clean
interface for the readers for individual formats.

> I am trying to read in EEProbe cnt files. When I use the
> read_eep_cnt function, I get the following error message:
>

> „ Invalid MEX-file '\\fieldtrip-20060802\private\read_eep_cnt.dll':
> Unzulässiger Zugriff auf einen Speicherbereich. “   (Unauthorized
> access to memory)
>

> I should add that I am not specifying the begin and end sample of
> the data.

Some things to check/try:
a) which operating system are your using (WINDOWS/UNIX/MAC)?
b) is the DLL where it is supposed to be?
c) you should specify begin and end samples for the read_eep_cnt
function (note that the read_data function automatically determines
what these should be if you don't specify them).

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Christian