read in EEProbe data

Mon Aug 28 23:20:21 CEST 2006

Hi Dorothea

On 4 Aug 2006, at 11:27, Hämmerer, Dorothea wrote:
> I want to read in EEProbe files to work on them with fieldtrip.
>
> Is there somebody who has already done that who could tell me which
> information of what files I shall read in?

One comment on a more general level: in fieldtrip you do not have to
do something specifically to read data in the EEProbe format. You can
just follow the tutorial examples and documentation, and replace the
datafile by yours (of course triggers will be different). The
FieldTrip reading functions will automatically detect that it is
EEProbe format, and use the appropriate low-level functions. So the
functions that you really should be looking at are DEFINETRIAL and
PREPROCESSING.

I have added an example matlab script that demonstrates how to get
started with fieldtrip and read data into matlab. You can find it at
http://www2.ru.nl/fcdonders/fieldtrip/doku.php?
id=fieldtrip:documentation:getting_started_with_reading_raw_eeg_or_meg_d
ata

In your case just replace the filename with your cnt file.

best regards,
Robert