besa2fieldtrip problems

Stephan Bickel stephan.bickel at ANATOM.UNIZH.CH
Sat Apr 1 02:02:44 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have problems importing tfc-files into fieldtrip.

I exported time-frequency transformations from BESA (to tfc-files) and tried
to import them into fieldtrip with the besa2fieldtrip function. I always get
get an error-message.

I am using the fieldtrip version 'fieldtrip-20060330'.

this is what I did:

cd ('G:\EEG_data\exports\');
% this is the list of BESA datafiles in one condition
filename_A = {
    'RS-ax_ERP_TSE_allA.tfc'
    'MS-ax_ERP_TSE_allA.tfc'
    'ED-ax_ERP_TSE_allA.tfc'
    };

% this is the list of BESA datafiles in the other condition
filename_B = {
    'RS-ax_ERP_TSE_allB.tfc'
    'MS-ax_ERP_TSE_allB.tfc'
    'ED-ax_ERP_TSE_allB.tfc'
  };

nsubj = length(filename_B);

% collect all single subject data in a cell-array
for i= 1:nsubj
  B{i} = besa2fieldtrip(filename_B{i});
  A{i} = besa2fieldtrip(filename_A{i});
end

and this is the error-message:

>> for i= 1:nsubj
  B{i} = besa2fieldtrip(filename_B{i});
  A{i} = besa2fieldtrip(filename_A{i});
end

??? Error using ==> colon
First and last colon operands must be char.

Error in ==> fieldtrip-20060330\private\read_besa_tfc at 73
Time =
[TimeStartInMS:TimeIntervalInMS:(NumberTimeSamples-1)*TimeIntervalInMS+TimeStartInMS];

Error in ==> besa2fieldtrip at 81
  [ChannelLabels, Time, Frequency, Data, Info] = read_besa_tfc(filename);

I might have made some stupid mistake but can anyone see what went wrong?

Thanks very much for your help,

Stephan