megrealign

Tom Holroyd holroydt at MAIL.NIH.GOV
Wed Oct 19 13:35:28 CEST 2005

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Robert Oostenveld wrote:

> If you want to incorporate those channels in realigning, the best that I can
> imagine is to do the inverse estimation towards the brain dipoles using
> MEG+REF on 3rd order balanced data, and then do the forward calculation using
> (rotated+shifted) MEG alone.

That is in fact what I am doing now, and it's fine.  Never mind.

> However, support for the 3rd order balanced MEG signals is
> still not implemented in FieldTrip. It is a recurring topic,
> which I am not too enthousiastic about to put much effort in,
> since it relates to incomplete specified file formats and it is
> more engineering than science.

Hmm?  The reference channel positions and orientations are
specified in the res4 file, just like all the other channels.

By the way, I have a .oct file for meg_leadfield1.m so it works
fast in Octave (like 800 times faster), in case anybody is
interested.

Dr. Tom Holroyd
"A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and
are the portals of discovery." -- James Joyce