problems importing elp files

Tue Nov 15 22:08:05 CET 2005

Hi Michael

On 14-nov-2005, at 17:44, Michael Wibral wrote:
> I'm trying to import some .avr files exported from BESA. However
> the  read_besa_avr function returns an error like this:

I copied and pased your trunctuated elp file content from your mail
into a local file and had no problem reading it in. Looking at the
output of matlab, it seems to me that the importdata function (which
is standard matlab) is not able to detect the boundaries between the
columns. Some lines in the file are read as 22 chars, some lines are
read as a few chuncks and one line seems to be parsed as a large
number of chuncks. Therefore I suspect that the spaces and tabs are
messed up in your elp file. Please try copy and paste the content
into a new file, make sure that there are no tabs but only spaces,
and save it again to disk with the original name.

best
Robert