reformat processed data

Mon Nov 21 13:05:15 CET 2005

On 18-nov-2005, at 15:37, Christopher Miller wrote:

> Dear Robert,
>
> How can I read BrainVision-files into matlab?
> Can I export BVA preprocessed data into Fieldtrip (according to the
> background information at the FCdonders website, Fieldtrip supports
> the .dat files from BVA). How can this be done? Or must I do all
> the preprocessing over?

Fieldtrip automatically detects the type of data. If you have done
filtering and artefact removal in BVA, you should save the result in
a *.dat file and still do the preprocessing in Fieldtrip (wich
involves reading in the data, which is what you want, and optionally
filtering, which you do not want) except that you can keep the cfg-
options of PREPROCESSING empty to prevent it from doing the filtering.

You still do have to specify the cfg-settings for DEFINETRIAL. If you
specify cfg.trialdef.eventtype='?'  a list with the events in your
data file will be displayed on screen.

best
Robert