about cluster randomization analysis

Marco Buiatti marco.buiatti at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 9 17:57:43 CET 2005

Dear FieldTrip Masters,
 thank you again for your clear and rapid answers. Another question about
clusterrandanalysis. As I told you, I'm performing a cluster randomization
test for a within-subject experiment, using a two-sided t-test as pair
statistics. The tutorial says that clustering is performed separately for
thresholded positive and negative t-statistics, and that the critical value
for the cluster level statistics is also two-sided. I understood that the
positive(negative) critical value corresponds to the 95% portion of the
randomization distribution of the maximum(minimum) of the positive(negative)
clusters statistics. Then, why do I obtain two identical (in absolute value)
critical values? What am I missing?
 thank you,
 Marco

--
Marco Buiatti - Post Doc

Cognitive Neuroimaging Unit - INSERM U562
Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, CEA/DRM/DSV
4 Place du general Leclerc, 91401 Orsay cedex, France
Telephone: +33 1 69 86 77 65 Fax: +33 1 69 86 78 16
E-mail: marco.buiatti at gmail.com Web: www.unicog.org <http://www.unicog.org/>