detrend/partial artefact rejection

Wed May 18 10:14:24 CEST 2005

Hi Dasha and Ole

You might also want to take a look at the documentation. On
http://www2.ru.nl/fcdonders/fieldtrip/, click on "ERP/ERF analysis" or
"Frequency analysis", and  you will recognise the individual steps that
are taken. REJECTARTIFACT doew not work on the preprocessed data
(although it looks at the data from the file and applies its own
filters, baselinecorrection, etc.), but it only detects the pieces of
data which should not be read into Matlab memory and preprocessed by
the PREPROCESSING function.

Robert

On 16 May 2005, at 15:46, Daria Osipova wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a question on detrend in preprocessing.m in relation to
> partial artifact
> rejection. As we understand detrend is first applied and then the
> partical
> rejection is performed. This results in some subtrials in which for
> instance a
> DC offset is present. Would it not be more optimal to perform another
> detrend
> prior to the calculation of the wavelet/fourier transforms to avoid
> boundary
> effects?
>
> Dasha and Ole

Robert Oostenveld, PhD
F.C. Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging
Radboud University Nijmegen
phone: +31-24-3619695
http://www.ru.nl/fcdonders/