sourcestatistics

Matsuhashi, Masao (NIH/NINDS) matsuham at NINDS.NIH.GOV
Fri May 6 20:34:08 CEST 2005

Hi,

It is nice to see more and more people start using FieldTrip and join the
discussion here. Just reading through the posted messages gives me lots of
ideas.

I have questions about statistical measures using random re-sampling and
permutation.

i)	Where can I find the sourcestatistics.m? According to the tutorials
or documents, this script seems essential but I couldn't find it in recent
distributions of FieldTrip.

ii)	In the sourceanalysis.m, re-sampling or permutation uses lots of
memory and the computation ends up with OUT OF MEMORY. (e.g. rnd_aCf and
rnd_bCf use 2 conditions * 500 trials * 274 channels * 274 channels * 16
bytes/complex = 1.2GBytes)
Is there any way to go around this problem, such as repeating 100 trial
random re-sampling for 10 times, or must I switch to Opteron?

iii)	As expected, this is very time-consuming process. Can I somehow use
the Beowulf support feature, and if yes, how? We have Beowulf cluster
available, but the number of Matlab license is limited to 8....

Thanks,
Masao Matsuhashi
HMCS/NINDS