CTF res4 File format

Tom Holroyd tomh at KURAGE.NIMH.NIH.GOV
Mon May 23 21:26:25 CEST 2005

> Looking through the matlab code, I traced the coil-error back to a res4
> file read error somewhat earlier:
>
> Any comments?

Hmm, I just got the error: `coil2_pos' undefined near line 233 column 7
myself, but in my case it's much more easily explained: I had created a dataset
using newDs2 that does not have _any_ MEG channels!  It only contains virtual
channels.  So there are no gradiometers....

By the way, the ctf2matlab package from our website:
http://kurage.nimh.nih.gov/meglab/Meg/Ctf2matlab
reads this dataset properly, and I noticed that recent versions of
Fieldtrip can use it (that's the ctf_read_res4 function).  Right now
it only uses the ctf2matlab verions if the read_ctf_res4 function fails and
haseegsf is set (see the try code in read_fcdc_header.m).  But you could switch
it around to try the other one first.

--
Dr. Tom Holroyd
"A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and