Path problem fixed

Talsma D D.Talsma at PSY.VU.NL
Mon May 23 10:00:16 CEST 2005

Replying to my own message :-)

I think I have a tracked down the cause of the coil2_pos error:

It appears the code doesn't iterate through the MEG sensor list, because
it does not find any channel names starting with 'M', return 0 valid MEG
sensors. In our setup, it appears,  there are some leading NULL
characters preceding each MEG sensor name. Because of this, the code in
read_ctf_res4, around line 119 chops off the channel name altogether.

I'm working on a fix.

Cheers,
Durk

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: FieldTrip discussion list [mailto:FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL] Namens
Talsma D
Verzonden: maandag 23 mei 2005 9:15
Aan: FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL
Onderwerp: [FIELDTRIP] Path problem fixed

Hi Robert,

I found the solution to the Matlab path problem. What I needed to do
after upgrading the fieltrip version was the following: 1) Remove the
Fieldtrip directory from the matlab search path, restart matlab, 2) add
the fieldtrip path again. 3) Restart matlab. 4) Et Voila. It works.

We've installed fieldtrip in a directory called Fieldtrip, under
c:\Matlab704\toolbox\shared and I upgraded fieldtrip by just deleting
the old files and and copying the new ones into the old directory.
Apparently, I needed to remove and add the path to trigger a rehash of
the file cache.

This is indeed from a remote server. I'm running it off MS Windows
Server 2003, standard edition, using matlab 7.0.4.

Right now, I'm back at the "unknown variable" error message again (see
below):.

At least the error is coming from a human-readable .m file now, so I'll
see if I can track down what is happening here.

Cheers,
Durk

??? Undefined function or variable "coil2_pos".

Error in ==> FieldTrip\private\read_ctf_res4 at 233
tmp = coil2_pos - coil1_pos;