megrealign, head models

Thu May 19 19:17:16 CEST 2005

Hi Teresa

Realignment of MEG data means that you interpolate the data from the
helmet location at which it was measured to a template location of the
helmet. You have not specified the template location: cfg.template
should contain one or multiple CTF datasets. The average helmet
location will be computed from those datasets, and that will be used as
the template on which the interpolated value is computed. Typically,
the average of all subjects in your study is used as the template (i.e.
all subjects are aligned to the mean of all subjects).

Realigning to an empty template gave this error. I will add an extra
check with an easier to understand error message to make this error in
teh configuration more clear.

Robert

Robert

>> For MEG data, it is preferable to spatially realign them prior to
>> averaging, since the helmet location is different for each subject.
>
> Using:
>
> cd (['E:\Data\AD_Project\Patients\' subj{i}])
> load data
> cfg=[];
> cfg.channel = {'all','-MLT21','-MLT22' , '-MLC42', '-MLO43', '-MZO02' ,
> '-MLT41' , '-MZP01' , '-MRT35'};
> cfg.repair  = 'yes'
> cfg.realign = 'yes'
> cfg.hdmfile='E:\Backup_Compaq\Matlab\DIPOLE\singleSphere.hdm';
> cfg.planar  = 'yes'
> data_planar_nobad=meginterpolate(cfg,data);

Robert Oostenveld, PhD
F.C. Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging
Radboud University Nijmegen
phone: +31-24-3619695
http://www.ru.nl/fcdonders/