importing CTF data

Thomas Thesen tnt at PHYSIOL.OX.AC.UK
Mon May 9 12:18:41 CEST 2005

Hi Robert,

< Did you try the dataset that you sent me? Please be more specific,
<otherwise I cannot help you. And try whether these two commands work for <you:
<  hdr = read_fcdc_header(cfg.dataset)
<  event = read_fcdc_event(cfg.dataset)

I ran the following lines of code on the data set I sent you:

cfg = [];
cfg.dataset = 'sub12_SAM_a_C1_A1.ds';
cfg.trialdef.eventtype = '?'
cfg.trialdef.eventtype = 'C1_A1'
cfg.trialdef.prestim   = 0;    % trial starts at time t=0 at the marker
cfg.trialdef.poststim  = 0.5;  % trial ends at t=0.5 sec
cfg = definetrial(cfg);

and then

hdr = read_fcdc_header(cfg.dataset)

which works fine. However, when I try to run:

event = read_fcdc_event(cfg.dataset)

it gets stuck again for a long time  (hours) until I kill the process.
However, during that time the process is active and uses a lot of CPU power.
When killed, the error message is:
>> event = read_fcdc_event(cfg.dataset)
Error in ==> read_fcdc_event at 148
        mrk = readmarkerfile(filename);

I installed FieldTrip only 2 weeks ago. So assuming we both have the same
version installed the only difference might to be the matlab version. Which
version are you using?

Thanks a lot.

Thomas