Comparing to zero

Tom Holroyd tomh at KURAGE.NIMH.NIH.GOV
Thu Jun 23 18:36:53 CEST 2005

Sanja Kovacevic wrote:
> I have a related question to your suggestion about using afni to do the
> group analysis. Presumably afni is capable to read CTF .mri and .svl
> files

Yes, but see below.

> but when I open afni from a directory full of .mri files, I get a
> bunch of error messages like ** THD_open_ctfmri(path/filename.mri): bad
> version string. Have you ever encountered this problem? Our CTF mri
> version, according to mrihead filename.mri, is CTF_MRI_FORMAT VER 4.0.
> Could this be a reason for the error messages I am getting?

Indeed.  AFNI only reads CTF_MRI_FORMAT VER 2.2 mri files at present.
There hasn't been a lot of demand for AFNI to read the new .mri files,
since generally we use to3d to read in the MRI data in the first place.

The version 5 .svl files can be read by AFNI, though.

I had actually thought that AFNI had been updated to handle the newer .mri
files, too, though, but I guess not.  That should probably be corrected.  If you
send me (by separate email) a copy of your .mri file, I can get it done.
--
Dr. Tom Holroyd
"A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and