simulation of a dataset with multiple dipoles

Florian Ph.S Fischmeister Florian.Fischmeister at UNIVIE.AC.AT
Thu Jul 28 20:21:27 CEST 2005

Dear Experts,

I am trying to simulate an EEG dataset containing multiple dipoles. I do
understand, that I can have a single dipole with a different moment and
time course per trial using cell-arrays. But how can I obtain multiple
dipoles? Is it correct to simulate one dataset per dipol and than sum
the different datasets?

Currently I am using a 4 spherical shell model with
  cfg.vol.r = [71 72 79 85];
  cfg.vol.c = [0.3300 1 0.0042 0.3300];
  cfg.vol.o = [0 0 0];
taken from EEGLAB.

What are the correct steps to obtain a BEM forward head-model based on an MRI
for an individual electrode setting for dipolesimulation.

Finaly, I want to check the simulation using the dipolefitting routine
included in fieldtrip. Could you please provide some information on how
the appropriate cfg should look like.

Thanks in advance,

Florian

Florian Ph.S Fischmeister 	eMail: Florian.Fischmeister at univie.ac.at
Brain Research Laboratory	University of Vienna
Faculty of Psychology		Liebiggasse 5
Tel: +43-(0)1-4277-478-37	A-1010 Vienna, Austria
Fax: +43-(0)1-4277-479-39       AT43:+43-(0)59966-4-47837