CTF reading routines now GPL

Fri Feb 18 15:08:44 CET 2005

On 18 Feb 2005, at 14:26, James Kilner wrote:

> Do you know if the *.m files you sent files can read in the CTF data
> acquired
> with the latest CTF software.
>
> Best, James

Hi James,

:-)   Actually I thought about including a statement on that in my
mail, but deleted the line after I typed it.

No, the code that I just posted cannot read the V5 format yet, I
presume that that is what you are referring to with the latest. I did
get some documentation from Brent Taylor (from CTF) describing the
changes, but since we don't have the new software yet here in Nijmegen
and since I also don't have any testdata in the new format, I have not
made any efforts for implementing this new format.

Maybe Tom Holroyd (NIH) can help you out, otherwise you could ask Brent
whether he can give you the documentation for "MEGdefs.h" with which it
should be possible to add support for the new format. Below I have
included a part of the mail that I got from Brent, summarising the
changes in the new format.

best regards,
Robert