muscle artifact rejection

Daria Osipova daria.osipova at FCDONDERS.RU.NL
Fri Feb 18 11:52:03 CET 2005

Hi

My muscle artifact rejection for the trial-based data crashes apparently due
to the fact that it starts to search for muscle artifacts before the first
trial starts. However I have this in my script that should supposedly solve
the problem:

cfg = definetrial(cfg);

cfg.trl = cfg.trl(2:end-1,:);

cfg = rmfield(cfg,'trialdef');

And this problem doesn't occur with either EOG or jump rejection.

Here is what it says:

identifying artifact-epochs

evaluating artifact_muscle

scanning for muscle artifacts in trial 1 from 121

??? Error using ==> read_fcdc_data

requested data segment extends over a discontinuous trial boundary

Error in ==> /home/common/matlab/fieldtrip/artifact_muscle.m

On line 110  ==>      dat = read_fcdc_data(cfg.datafile, hdr,
trl(trllop,1)-fltpadding, ...

Error in ==> /home/common/matlab/fieldtrip/rejectartifact.m

On line 238  ==>   eval(sprintf('[cfg, %s] = artifact_%s(cfg);',
cfg.artfctdef.type{type}, cfg.artfctdef.type{type}));

Error in ==> /home/common/matlab/fieldtrip/preprocessing.m

On line 242  ==> [cfg] = rejectartifact(cfg);

Error in ==> /home/electromag/darosi/data/temp/prep.m

On line 78  ==>             data = preprocessing(cfg);

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Dasha