Getting started with Fieldtrip

Thu Feb 10 16:26:58 CET 2005

Hi Laura,

On 9 Feb 2005, at 13:16, Laura Espino wrote:

> Hello,
> I´m just starting in this new world of MEG analysis, so I would
> appreciate if you can send me some information on how to get started
> with FieldTrip since I only find the pdf information and I don´t know
> exactly how to get startes after downloading the Filedtrip software.
>
> Any tip would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks in advance
> Laura Sylvia Espino Fajardo

The best way to start doing MEG analysis is by reading through the pdf
tutorials, and try to apply the examples given there to your data.
Maybe you can give some more background information about your
research, your data and the types of analyses that you think are
usefull in answering your scientific question. That will make it easier
to address your questions. You mention MEG yourself, so I assume that
you have acces to a MEG system or data? If so, what kind of MEG system
is it?

best regards,
Robert

P.S. we are revising and updating the pdf tutorials, so I hope that we
will have better documentation available in a month or two

P.P.S. I have forwarded your mail and my reply to the fieldtrip mailing
list, since more people might be interested in  your questions and
other people might be able to provide answers as well