immediate 3D plot

Fri Aug 19 15:41:38 CEST 2005

Hi Patrice

On 17-aug-2005, at 12:43, patrice wrote:
> I would like to make a graphical plot of my data with fieldtrip. No
> frequency analysis, no averaging, no filtering or whatever, only a
> simple
> plot to display the active regions in the brain.

I guess that means that you want to plot the potential that you have
recorded at each electrode site?

> My data (EEG) are stored in a 2D matrix (voxels x time-points). My
> voxels
> are distributed in the whole brain (not only on the scalp).

Does that mean that you have depth electrodes? Or did you do a source
reconstrucion of your EEG in some external software?

> Furthermore, I have a file that contains the 3D coordinates of my
> voxels (X,Y and Z)
> and an header file associated to the used model. Is it feasible
> with fieldtrip? If
> yes, do you have any idea to achieve this?

Is it a regular arrangement, i.e. do the voxels form a box-like
volume? If so, then you can "massage" the data into fieldtrip as a
sourcereconstruction and use the sourceinterpolate function.

However, since you have recorded it at many samples (timepoints),
that means that a graphical representation of that data would consist
of a 3D volume with an additional time dimension, i.e. the data is
4D. Hence, it would be a movie in which you can show a single cross-
section (slice) through the brain at a time. Such a movie can be made
in Matlab, but fieldtrip would not be of many use for you.

Robert