importing 306-Vectorview dataset

Mon Aug 15 09:33:48 CEST 2005

Hi Daniel,

Did you download and install the MEG-PD toolbox (see http://
www.kolumbus.fi/kuutela/programs/meg-pd/)? You might also need an
extra shared library that is missing in the meg-pd tgz file, see
http://oase.uci.kun.nl/~roberto/index.php/neuromag/.

Fieldtrip does not support the Neuromag *.fif file format natively,
since it is a closed file format. However, Fieldtrip can use the MEG-
PD toolbox. What is does is to call the appropriate functions from
the MEG-PD toolbox, and to reformat their output into a format that
all Fieldtrip functions can handle. The "megmodel" function is a
function from the MEG-PD toolbox. This MEG-PD toolbox contains mex
files, and they are only provided for linux and HPUX. That means that
you cannot read Neuromag data in Matlab under Windows. Besides the
mex files (i.e. a file named megmodel.mexglx), there are
documentation files (i.e. megmodel.m). These documentation files
contain only help and cannot be executed. I suspect that the mex file
is missing in your installation. Please type "which megmodel" and
check whether it is the mexglx or the m file.

best regards
Robert

On 14-aug-2005, at 14:25, Daniel Kislyuk wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to import neuromag data (with EEG) to fieldtrip using
> read_fcdc_header and read_fcdc_data routines, but i keep getting these
> error message:

> ------------
> ??? Attempt to execute SCRIPT megmodel as a function.
>
> Error in ==> d:\danielk\fieldtrip\private\fif2grad.m
> On line 19  ==> megmodel('head',[0 0 0],filename);
>
> Error in ==> d:\danielk\fieldtrip\read_fcdc_header.m
> On line 245  ==>   hdr.grad = fif2grad(headerfile);
>
> Could you, please, help me?
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel

Robert Oostenveld, PhD
F.C. Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging
Radboud University Nijmegen
phone: +31-24-3619695
http://www.ru.nl/fcdonders/