sourceinterpolate

Fri Nov 5 08:53:44 CET 2004

On 5 Nov 2004, at 1:16, Matsuhashi, Masao (NIH/NINDS) wrote:

> Let the output of sourceinterpolate as SI, then the SI.avg contains
> only one
> field, 'coh'. The elements of SI.avg.coh are way larger than 1, so
> they must
> be the neural activity index, am I correct?

For sourceinterpolate you have specified which parameter you wanted to
be interpolated, i.e. you will have done cfg.parameter='coh'. Then only
coherence is interpolated. If you do cfg.parameter='all', also power
and nai (if present) will be interpolated.

S1.avg.coh is coherence, and not nai. It being larger than one looks
like a bug or an interpolation artifact. Can you check whether it is
also larger than one in the non-interpolated source reconstruction?
What version of fieldtrip, and specifically sourceanalysis are you
using? Please look at source.cfg.version or S1.cfg.previous.version
(i.e. the version of the previous step before interpolation). And what
version of sourceinterpolate (S1.cfg.version)?

Robert

Robert Oostenveld, PhD
Center for Sensory-Motor Interaction (SMI)
Aalborg University, Denmark

and

F.C. Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging
University Nijmegen
P.O. Box 9101
NL-6500 AH Nijmegen
The Netherlands