min-norm

Wed Nov 17 14:19:15 CET 2004

Hi Sreenivasan,

There are different source analysis options implemented in FieldTrip,
namely LCMV, DICS and single or multiple spatiotemporal dipole fitting.
Minimum current or minimum norm solutions based on a distributed source
model are not implemented.

Ii principle implementing a minimum norm solution would be very easy,
but it is quite difficult to implement a good regularization method.
Furthermore, implementing a good and robust distributed source model
(based on the cortical surface) is quite some work.

best regards,
Robert

On 16 Nov 2004, at 16:47, R. Sreenivasan wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> I understand that the Fieldtrip uses LCMV method for source analysis.
> Do you
> have any routine(s) that uses min-norm option?
>
> Thank you
> Sreenivasan

Robert Oostenveld, PhD
Center for Sensory-Motor Interaction (SMI)
Aalborg University, Denmark

and

F.C. Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging
University Nijmegen
P.O. Box 9101
NL-6500 AH Nijmegen
The Netherlands