[clean-list] Installation on Mac OS X

John van Groningen johnvg at cs.ru.nl
Wed Apr 2 14:49:40 MEST 2014

On 2-4-2014 0:54, Harley D. Eades III wrote:
> Hi, everyone.
>
> I am new to CLEAN, and I am looking to playing around with it.
>
> I am trying to get CLEAN installed on my laptop.  It is
> running Mac OS X 10.8.5.
>
> I downloaded the zip file from
>
> http://clean.cs.ru.nl/download/Clean24/macosx/clean2.4.zip.
>
> Then I ran
>
> sudo make install INSTALL_DIR=/usr/local
>
> and this worked fine.
>
> However, when I enter the examples directory and run 'clm hamming' I get the following output:
>
> ➜  examples  clm hamming
> Linking hamming
> Can't execute the linker
> ➜  examples

On Mac OS X Clean uses gcc to link the executable. Maybe gcc is not
installed. Did you install XCode with the command line tools ? (by
default XCode no longer installs the command line tools)

The following link might be useful if you need to install the tools:
http://www.cnet.com/how-to/install-command-line-developer-tools-in-os-x/

clm calls /usr/bin/gcc to link. Is /usr/bin/gcc installed on your Mac ?

Kind regards,

John van Groningen