[clean-list] IRC Channel

Markus Klinik markus.klinik at gmx.de
Fri Sep 14 09:10:30 MEST 2012

Hi all,

For projects like Clean, it is customary to have an IRC channel for chat
like, short-lived communication.  I would like to propose the channel
#cleanlang on the freenode IRC network.

The IRC channel is supposed to complement the mailing list, and I would
imagine that students would profit from such a facility, for example to
ask quick questions when doing their exercises.  At least I would have.

I have already created the channel, and set everything up to be in good
order.  If you agree that this might be a good idea, I would like invite
you to join the channel, especially If you are already an IRC user.  If
not, discuss.

To point newcomers to this communication device, a note on the contact
page in the wiki would be helpful.  This note would state something like
"You can also join our IRC channel #cleanlang at chat.freenode.org"
Examples for such a note can be found on the respective page of various
other projects, e.g. [1], [2].

Best Regards,
Markus

[1] http://xmonad.org/community.html