[clean-list] WORLDCOMP and Hamid Arabnia

Xixun Wu xixunwu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 20:26:45 MEST 2012

Defamation campaign against WORLDCOMP and Hamid Arabnia

For the last several months, a systematic defamation campaign is going
on against the worlds' biggest computer science conference WORLDCOMP,
eg.     http://www.sites.google.com/site/worlddump1    or
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/dbworld/messages/2012-03/1332361790.html

WORLDCOMP is addressing this matter legally and a lawsuit has been
filed to resolve this matter (visit WORLDCOMP's website
http://www.world-academy-of-science.org   and click on "news" on right
side). Our preliminary investigation found the footprints of the
actual persons who are sending all these defamatory comments about
WORLDCOMP and its Chair Hamid Arabnia. As of now, these are the
persons behind this defamatory campaign:

http://www.cs.uga.edu/~thiab

http://www.cs.uga.edu/~tliu

http://www.cs.uga.edu/~erc

http://ktwop.wordpress.com/about

http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~tyson

http://www.cis.famu.edu/~hchi

http://www.scs.gatech.edu/people/mustaque-ahamad

http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~xyuan

http://www.unf.edu/~ree

http://www.johnlevine.com

http://curly.cis.unf.edu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Shiryaev

http://www.cse.sc.edu/~jtang

http://www.ninaringo.com

http://www.cis.famu.edu/~prasad

http://www.scs.gatech.edu/people/maria-balcan

http://www.f4.htw-berlin.de/~weberwu

http://www.iaria.org/speakers/PetreDini.html

http://www.eecs.ucf.edu/index.php?id=profiles&link=joseph_laviola

(more names will be announced later on…)

These people formed a team and mailing to different forums, groups,
blogs and individuals, heavily criticizing WORLDCOMP. Some of them
have personal or professional enmity with Professor Hamid Arabnia and
some of them don't like WORLDCOMP for one reason or the other. They
are using proxy servers in Georgia (Athens, Atlanta), Florida
(Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Orlando), Chicago and Texas (Austin,
Houston) and sending the defamatory emails.

I request all of you to submit papers and make WORLDCOMP 2012 a
success. All tracks of WORLDCOMP have received high citations. I
assure you that WORLDCOMP will be held in July 2012 and it will
continue for many years to come. I know Professor Hamid Arabnia well
and he is a very nice and professional person and he is committed to
organize WORLDCOMP in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,...

With sincere respects,

Mohammad Homayoun
drmhomayoun at gmail.com

Note: This message is sent to help defend my longtime friend

Professor Hamid Arabnia

http://www.cs.uga.edu/~hra

(chair and coordinator of WORLDCOMP)