[clean-list] Compiler process does not terminate after an error.

John van Groningen johnvg at cs.ru.nl
Mon May 2 12:35:11 MEST 2011

On 22-4-2011 15:16, Ferreira Maurizio wrote:
> Every time I build any project using the clean ide, and the project contains an error,
> the Ide correctly reports such error, but the process "CleanCompiler" does not terminate.
> I can verify it using the task manager.
>
> After a lot of erroneus compilation I have a lot of processes, wasting memory.

I think I found the cause (a trace statement that was removed also
called a function that sends "exit" to the Clean compiler).

You can download a new version of the CleanIDE.exe for 32 / 64 bit
Windows at:

http://clean.cs.ru.nl/download/Clean23/windows/CleanIDE_32.zip

http://clean.cs.ru.nl/download/Clean23/windows/CleanIDE_64.zip

Choosing Async instead of Pers in the Environment dialog should also
prevent this (with the standard and new Clean 2.3 IDE).
It also doesn't occur if a single module is compiled (using
Module/Compiler or Control-K).

Kind regards,

John van Groningen