[clean-list] Alternate iTasks Client

Eric Jones ecjones2040 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 04:15:27 MEST 2011

Hello all,

I am trying to create an alternate iTasks2 client. While the papers I
have read say that this is possible, I haven't found much
documentation on how this might be accomplished. I have been able to
piece together some clues from looking at the iTasks SDK code but some
things are still not clear to me.

Would someone be kind enough to offer a description of the exact
interface and what messages are being passed between the iTasks server
and a client? All I know right now is that the client sends POST
requests and receives JSON.

Also, the iTasks server seems to need know about the location of a
client program before compilation. Can the iTasks server be built
alone and operate by simply sending JSON to a remote client.

Regards,
Eric