[clean-list] Problem in RuntimeSystem/Makefile.linux

Sjors Gielen dazjorz at dazjorz.com
Sun Sep 5 14:38:44 MEST 2010

Op 5 sep 2010, om 14:34 heeft Sjors Gielen het volgende geschreven:

> Hi everyone,
>
> While examining files in the process of writing a "Clean on Mac" page on the Clean wiki, I found a problem in the bootstrap package in RuntimeSystem/Makefile.linux:
>
>> DEFINESA = -D USE_CLIB -D LINUX -D I486 -D GNU_C -D ELF
> [...]
>>  as $(DEFINES_A) $(ODIR)scon.s -o $(ODIR)scon.o
>
> I think the DEFINESA def at the top should be renamed to DEFINES_A because the latter is used throughout the file. Just wanted to let you know.

Even worse: as doesn't take '-D' as a valid parameter (it doesn't really make sense, either, for assembly).

I would advise to remove the DEFINESA line altogether and add in an empty DEFINES_A definition. The variable does have its use - for the Mac makefile, I need to add -arch i386 there.

Sjors