[clean-list] Transparent Persistence using a "natural" store

Mark Koenig questionmarkfarm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 06:45:45 MET 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:54 AM, <zuurb078 at planet.nl> wrote:

>  Mark,
>
> How about that indeed. Dynamics do most of what you want. But indeed,
> currently there is no huge graph store that encompasses RAM and the file
> system, any data bases on disk and what do you think, all databases
> scattered around the world?

My that was a quick jump from useful to absurd. But  Id agree

> The Clean guru's may be able to say how far we are on the road to that
> Utopia.

I thought this is their forum??? Do they ever weight in?

> Meanwhile you can try to imagine the practical problems that such a system
> might never solve, such as unpredictable performance, servers that are shut
> down on the fly, authorizations that are changed while you work, distributed
> circular garbage, etc.

If I get a 50% increase in design productivity because the system takes care
of I/O, I'll worry about that when we get that far.

Has anyone experimented with Clean & hypergraph?

Whats involved in creating an interface?

Mark