[clean-list] clean and database

Bas Lijnse b.lijnse at cs.ru.nl
Mon Feb 1 12:26:58 MET 2010

Hi Vu,

there are some possibilities, but there is nothing really standardized.
I don't know about any oracle support, but mysql and sqlite are possible.

There is the opt-env set of libraries by lethevert which has support for
mysql and sqlite:
http://cleanoptenv.sourceforge.jp/wiki/view/home/

There is also the "clean platform" set of libraries to which I contributed
the database parts.
It currently only supports mysql, but that defines a standard database
access layer that is loosely based on Python's DB-API2:

https://svn.cs.ru.nl/wsvn/clean-platform/trunk/src/libraries/OS-Independent/Database/SQL.dcl
and
https://svn.cs.ru.nl/wsvn/clean-platform/trunk/src/libraries/OS-Windows/Database/SQL/MySQL.dcl

I am planning on adding support for sqlite3 to this library collection (I
have been working on it, but it is not ready yet).
Ofcourse the API will only be a standard database access layer once it
supports multiple databases :)

Finally there is an undocumented odbc library by John van Groningen
somewhere, but I can't remember if it is publicly available somewhere.

Best Wishes,
Bas