[Fwd: Re: [clean-list] Clean versus Haskell]

Adrian Hey ahey at iee.org
Thu Oct 15 08:32:34 MEST 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [clean-list] Clean versus Haskell
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 06:41:20 +0100
From: Adrian Hey <ahey at iee.org>
To: Philippos Apolinarius <phi500ac at yahoo.ca>

Hello Philippos,

GHC has a long standing performance bug for garbage collection and
mutable arrays:

For some reason they haven't (can't?) fixed it. I guess the
authors of Haskell/ghc shootout entries are aware of this so don't
use native mutable arrays in their entries (at least not those that
show haskell/ghc to be "fast" :-)

Regards
--
Adrian Hey