[clean-list] Q: Setting up Object IO 1.2.1

Dale Hurtt dale_hurtt at yahoo.com
Thu May 14 04:22:04 MEST 2009

Hi all,

New to the forum and have some newbie questions.

I downloaded the Clean System 2.2 (CS), the Object IO Library 1.2.1 (OIOL) , and the iTask Library. I noticed that the Clean System version for iTask appears to be older than that of the normal distribution, so I set that aside.

Reading the readme with the OIOL, it seems like all I needed to do was point the product to the newer libaries to use them, so I took the following steps:

1. Copied the "Object IO 1.2.1" directory into the "Libraries" directory of CS.
2. Found that the StdLib for CS was newer than for the OIOL and did NOT copy them over.
3. Opened my project and removed the references to the old OIOL and OIOL OS Windows directories and replaced them with the new ones (pointing to the directories above).
4. Added a new environment for Object IO 1.2.1 and selected it.
5. Compiled the Hello World application from the Functional Programming in Clean document and received the following errors:

[HelloDialog.icl,]: StdIO has changed
Parse error [StdId.dcl,36;20,RHS: root expression]: = <ExprWithLocals> expected instead of ,
Parse error [StdBitmap.dcl,15;20,RHS: root expression]: = <ExprWithLocals> expected instead of offside token (new def)
Parse warning [receiverhandle.dcl,27;86]: ! ignored
Parse warning [StdSystem.dcl,28;21]: ! ignored
Parse warning [StdPrint.dcl,57;26]: ! ignored
Parse warning [osprint.dcl,34;29]: ! ignored
Parse error [StdReceiver.dcl,17;48,simple type]: More type attributes, * and *, than expected
Parse error [StdReceiver.dcl,18;44,simple type]: More type attributes, * and *, than expected

Any idea what I did wrong, or need to do to correct this?

Thanks,
 Dale