[clean-list] Concurrent/parallel threads in CLEAN

Parnell Flynn parnell.flynn at ronin-capital.com
Tue May 5 15:28:24 MEST 2009

I have a question about the state of Concurrent Clean.

In the CleanLangRep.2.1 it states that since CLEAN 2.0 the support for
concurrent evaluations ({P} and {I} annotations has been removed.

I have been reading the "Explicit Message Passing for Concurrent Clean"
paper by Pascal R. Serrarens and I was wondering if any of the concepts
presented in that paper have been added to CLEAN.  Specifically
SChannels and RChannels and ThreadEnv (newIntThread, newParThread etc).

If these have not been added to CLEAN how do I create and use multiple
threads on multiple processors?  I have looked through the libraries but
I have not found what I am looking for yet.

Thanks,

Parnell

documentation,