[clean-list] Question about libraries for Relational DB access

Bas Lijnse b.lijnse at cs.ru.nl
Mon May 4 14:33:51 MEST 2009

Hi Parnell,

there are some pointers to community libraries on the Clean wiki
(http://wiki.clean.cs.ru.nl/Community_libraries).
You can also find general purpose libraries in the "Clean platform" svn
repository (http://wiki.clean.cs.ru.nl/Clean_platform). This is a
relatively new pet project of mine aimed at collection and organization
of community libraries into a consistent repository.
Another set of  libraries I know of is the opt-env by lethevert
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/cleanoptenv).

For relational database access there are several options:
= I have written a Linux MySQL binding which is included in a generic
database mapping library. You can download this library with a demo
application at http://www.st.cs.ru.nl/papers/2009/gensql-prototype.tgz.
I plan to port this library to windows as well and integrate it in the
Clean platform repository.
= Lethevert's opt-env libraries also provide MySQL and SQLite bindings.

regards,
Bas