[clean-list] Is Clean a dead language?

Denis Smirnov denis.smirnov.ru at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 18:38:59 MET 2009

Hello!

It seems to me that everybody in the world enjoying Haskell, whereas there
is no sign of Clean popularity outside your university. Website looks
completely forgotten and last release of compiler was about seven years ago.
Could you please share with info concerning current status of Clean project?
Is it still breathing? What are the plans for the future?

The reason why I bother is that quick glance at languge features puts Clean
to the top of hierarchy of functional languages, so I considering investing
my time in learning it. Should I stay with you or should I turn to quickly
emerging Haskell community? History teaches us that it is the most broadly
adopted teshnology survives, not the most advanced one.

Don't let IO monad rule the world!

Denis