[clean-list] Multi platform library organization

Bas Lijnse baslijns at sci.ru.nl
Thu Dec 20 15:16:55 MET 2007

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any official or unofficial standards for
organizing the source files of a multi platform library in Clean.
I'm working on some libraries that use C code to interface with platform
specific api's, so for each platform I have some platform dependent C
and Clean code and a some platform independent Clean code.
While browsing the standard libs, I found some different file
organizations (OS Windows/OS Macintosh dirs of object IO vs
ArgEnvWindows/ArgEnvUnix library names) and wonder what is the prefered
way to organize a lib. Where should platform specific Clean and C code
go? and what are best practices for building the  C part of libraries?
Platform dependent makefiles, or just instructions on which C files
should be compiled and linked with a Clean project

Bas