[clean-list] Re: Linking frameworks on Mac OS X

Shivkumar Chandrasekaran shiv at ece.ucsb.edu
Mon Aug 27 22:43:17 MEST 2007

On Aug 21, 2007, at 2:38 AM, John van Groningen wrote:

> You can link framework vecLib by adding
>
> -framework vecLib
>
> to the text box to the right of Static Linker in the Environment
> dialogue
> of a MachO environment (menu Environment/Edit Current).

Hi John,

This worked very well on the PowerPC Mac. On the Intel Mac I noticed
that the processor type is always restricted to PowerPC. This might
explain why setting -framework vecLib does not seem to work:

Linker error: Linker returned with error code: 1
/usr/bin/cc '/Applications/Clean 2.2/Temp/linker_out.o' -framework
Carbon -o '/Users/shiv/Documents/Programs/CleanPrograms/CleanFloat2/
blop' -Xlinker -stack_addr -Xlinker 0xc0000000 -Xlinker -stack_size -
Xlinker 0x0007D000 -framework vecLib

I tried both a powerPC binary for my glue C code and a x86 binary.
Neither seemed to help. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks,

--shiv--