[clean-list] building the profiler under Linux

John van Groningen johnvg at cs.ru.nl
Tue May 22 14:01:53 MEST 2007

Andre Kühne wrote:

>Does the time profiler work with Linux?
>If so, can someone tell me how to build it?

In the previous version of Clean the time profiler could be used
using the CleanIde and the ShowTimeProfile xview applications.
However, these applications are no longer included with the current
version of Clean, because newer linux distributions no longer support xview.

We have added support of time profiling to clm. By passing
-pt to clm, an application can be compiled with time profiling enabled.
However, because the ShowTimeProfile application can no longer be used,
it is not possible to see the generated profiling information.

You could try to:
- install xview and the ShowTimeProfile executable from the previous
  version of Clean for linux,
- or if you also have windows installed, use the ShowTimeProfile.exe
  from windows,
- or use wine to run the windows ShowTimeProfile.exe,
- or make a command line version of the ShowTimeProfile application
  for linux.

Kind regards,

John van Groningen