[clean-list] "unique" dual to "final"?

Carlos Aya carlosayam at yahoo.com.au
Fri May 18 02:06:38 MEST 2007

Hi,

I just tought that in Java one can declare a variable
as final and the compiler checks for you that you only
uses x in the RHS of assigment once. I was just
wondering if this is somehow related (dual?) to the
uniqueness check in uniqueness typing the compiler
does... after all, the assignment operator in non-FP
languages is *the* operator that destroys state. Just
a thought :)

cheers
Carlos