[clean-list] call for MSc research question

Marco Kesseler m.kesseler at aia-itp.com
Thu Nov 30 10:25:24 MET 2006

Arjen van Weelden wrote:
> It is obviously possible to implement functional languages on .Net,
> but whether it is effective? It think that you need a better
> specification of "effective" before you start your research. (I don't
> think that you are allowed to publish benchmark results about .Net,
> but maybe they have changed the license.)

Well, I found this one:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetdep/html/redisteula.asp

I imagine that the "obligation" to publish the sources is prohibitive
for commercial parties, but not necessarily for a researcher.

Now, whether this is an "obligation" that you have to adhere to is
rather food for though for lawyers and judges (and common sense), than
merely a "fact" that exists because Microsoft has written it down.

"Freedom of speech" is quite a fundamental thing, you know.

regards,
Marco