[clean-list] Is it possible to use Dynamics to do Multi-Stage Programming in Clean?

Alexsandro Soares a_s_soares at yahoo.com.br
Wed Jul 12 20:40:48 MEST 2006

Hi all,

  I'm tryng to make a strongly-typed genetic
programming system in Clean. I'm thinking in use the
Dynamics feature to simulate multi-stage programming,
but I'm not sure about this...
  What's wrong with the following code? How can I
implement the "execute" function?

-------- Test.icl --------------------------
module Test

import StdEnv
import StdDynamic
import StdDynamicFileIO

Start = c     // the answer would be 9
  where
    a = dynamic (1+2) // dynamically generates source
code at runtime and delay its execution
    b = dynamic (a * a) // combine the delayed values
to construct larger ones
    c = execute b       // compile and execute the
dynamically generated code

  Thanks in advance for any answer.

   Cheers,
   Alex