[clean-list] Sub-arrays How do I manipulate an array pointer?

SevenThunders mattcbro at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 1 22:35:46 MEST 2006

I am not sure how to proceed concerning manipulating pointers to arrays in
clean.
In particular I need to pass to the C code, not the start of an unboxed
array, but rather some
offset from the beginning, or even better to just store the subarray, as an
array pointing
to the middle of another array,  if that were possible.

I notice in the htoclean documentation that there is a mention of treating C
pointers as integers, but I have no idea how to coerce an array of unboxed
doubles to an integer representing a pointer.  Is there a simple way to do
this?  In Haskell it is possible to add offsets to foreign pointers for
example.